I am so excited about this Spicy Shrimp & Citrus Salad. I am in love with the beautiful colors of winter citrus along with all the bursts of flavor it gives.
Lettuce + Spicy Zesty Shrimp + Citrus + Grapefruit Dressing = the greatest combination.
I am also so excited to be teaming up with Udi’s Gluten-Free to bring to you in-season, delicious, gluten-free recipes each month!
P.S. I’d be so grateful if you could take 2 short minutes to complete my 2016 reader survey. I want to make LCK the best it can be for you! Find it here. Thank you so much!
Let’s make some beautiful Winter salads, my friends!
- 3-4 cups spinach, kale, or lettuce
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1 blood or cara cara orange, cut into segments
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
For the Spicy Shrimp
- 15-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne powder, omit if you don't love spicy
For the Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- In a bowl place spinach, kale, or lettuce
- Add in citrus segments and sliced onion and set aside
- In a bowl combine shrimp with spices
- In a skillet heat oil and add in shrimp
- Let cook for 8 minutes, tossing often, until shrimps are fully cooked and opaque
- While cooking whisk together dressing ingredients
- Add shrimp to the salad
- Dress with the dressing and serve
- Citrus cut into segments looks like slices with no skin
What is your favorite way to use Winter citrus?
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!