I am so excited about this Spicy Shrimp & Citrus Salad. I am in love with the beautiful colors of winter citrus along with all the bursts of flavor it gives.
Lettuce + Spicy Zesty Shrimp + Citrus + Grapefruit Dressing = the greatest combination.
I am also so excited to be teaming up with Udi’s Gluten-Free to bring to you in-season, delicious, gluten-free recipes each month!
P.S. I’d be so grateful if you could take 2 short minutes to complete my 2016 reader survey. I want to make LCK the best it can be for you! Find it here. Thank you so much!
Let’s make some beautiful Winter salads, my friends!
Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
Write a review
- 3-4 cups spinach, kale, or lettuce
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1 blood or cara cara orange, cut into segments
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
For the Spicy Shrimp
- 15-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne powder, omit if you don't love spicy
For the Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch fine sea salt
- In a bowl place spinach, kale, or lettuce
- Add in citrus segments and sliced onion and set aside
- In a bowl combine shrimp with spices
- In a skillet heat oil and add in shrimp
- Let cook for 8 minutes, tossing often, until shrimps are fully cooked and opaque
- While cooking whisk together dressing ingredients
- Add shrimp to the salad
- Dress with the dressing and serve
- Citrus cut into segments looks like slices with no skin
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/