Below are the items I use on a daily basis for my skincare and make-up routine. To read my previous blog posts about Beautycounter, click here. To join my Safer Skincare email list where I share product updates, tips and promos, click here.
If you have any Beautycounter questions or need help selecting a product, feel free to send me an email: email@example.com or fill out this skincare survey.
My Skincare Routine
In the order I use them in-
Step 1: Cleanse
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser: Soothe and nourish skin as you wash away makeup and other impurities with this ultra-gentle daily cleanser. Lightweight yet deeply moisturizing, the creamy formula contains witch hazel to tone skin, and coconut oil and aloe to help hydrate. AM/PM
- Cleansing Balm: Cleansing Balm melts into your skin to hydrate while it cleanses, removing makeup and other impurities but never stripping away moisture. With vitamin C to brighten the appearance of skin and raspberry and cranberry seed oils to hydrate, the formula can also be used as an intensely nourishing face mask. Bonus? You also get our reusable 100% muslin cloth, softer and easier on skin than a traditional washcloth. *I use this to take my make-up off, as a face wash, and as a moisturizer when my skin is dry. This is expensive but a little goes a long way – mine lasts about a year.
- Toner Pads: Rejuvenating Toner Pads are your first line of defense against daily stressors after cleansing. Mixed fruit acid complex and vitamin C supply skin with antioxidants and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while lentil seed extract tightens and refines the appearance of pores. Algae extract brightens and improves the appearance of skin tone, and Spilanthes acmella flower extract gives skin a firmer, more youthful look.
- Instant Matte Toner: This mattifying toner removes residual impurities, eliminates excess oil, and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: Goodnight, dullness. Good morning, glow. Formulated with 15 botanically-derived acids, this leave-on AHA/BHA peel improves skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines, and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. Glycolic, lactic, and malic acids clear away dull surface skin cells, while hyaluronic acid and essential fatty acids soothe and nourish to reveal a brighter, more youthful-looking complexion. PM, 4-5x week.
- Balancing Face Oil in #3: Lightweight and silky smooth, our proprietary blend of seven natural oils moisturizes, smooths, and helps even skin tone. Softening meadowfoam seed oil restores balance, while wild chamomile calms and soothes skin. Perfect for all skin types and those concerned with skin clarity, calming, and balancing. #3 is great for for acne-prone skin. *I personally use the oil as a moisturizer AM/PM (PM after the peel is dry) and then I seal the oil in with the Cleansing Balm.
- Eye Cream: This high-performance eye cream revitalizes the eye area for a youthful, brighter appearance. A targeted combination of our plant-derived Retinatural Complex and Persian silk tree extract reduces the appearance of under-eye shadows and crow’s feet for a smooth, firmed look.
- SOS Acne Spot Treatment: This is a must-have in everyone’s medicine cabinet for unexpected breakouts! This fast-acting formula with maximum strength salicylic acid penetrates pores to reduce blemishes and clear skin. Powered by our SkinBalance Complex, this invisible gel treats breakouts without over-drying for a clearer, healthy complexion. ON BREAKOUTS AS NEEDED!
- Charcoal Mask: This nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask deep-cleans and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities. Activated charcoal minimizes the appearance of pores, giving skin a smooth, refined appearance, while salicylic acid stimulates exfoliation. Perfect for those concerned with congestion and oily skin. 2-3X WEEK
- Eye Make Up Remover: Just a quick shake activates this innovative dual-phase formula to completely erase long-wear and waterproof makeup. Made without mineral oil or silicones, it uses the power of coconut and macadamia oils to break down pigments and cornflower extract to soothe delicate skin. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. PM
- Make Up Remover Wipes: Remove makeup and cleanse your skin in one step. Using a naturally derived micellar formula, each super soft wipe traps makeup, dirt, and impurities, then gently whisks it away with no need to rinse. Aloe Vera delivers hydration, while cornflower water soothes delicate skin. Gentle enough to use on face and eyes every day. These breakthrough wipes are also biodegradable – just dispose in your home compost. Oil-free. No added fragrance. Ophthalmologist-tested: Safe for contact lens wearers. TRAVEL/POST WORKOUT.
- Lip Conditioner: Nourish and protect lips with this ultra-moisturizing lip balm, formulated with soothing and softening avocado oil, shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil, and jojoba oil. It’s also infused with calendula and chamomile oils, calming ingredients that help protect chapped lips and give the formula its subtly sweet scent. PM
- And I exfoliate 3x a week. I like this exfoliator (not Beautycounter).
Body & Other:
- Hubby and I both use the body wash (It smells SO good, too)
- I use the daily shampoo and this conditioner when not using a blonde shampoo.
- I use the body scrub 2x week in the shower!
- After the shower and post sun, I use this Body Butter (from Primally Pure).
- I use this hand cream (and I bring it to the nail salon, too)!
- The kids line: Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash — is really great. I will use it for my kids (who will have MTHFR since me and hubby both do) when I have them!
- In summer months, I use this sunscreen! Don’t forget the after-sun cooling gel!
- If you want to read more about other home swaps I’ve made, click here!
My Make Up Routine
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer (I use #2)
- Concealer Pen (I use Light)
- Bronzer in Dune
- Highlighter in Halo
- NEW eye shadow palettes (they are life changing)
- Blush in Nectar or Melon
- Volumizing Mascara
- Eye Brow Gel (I use Dark)
- Eye Brow Pencil (I use Dark)
- Color Intense Lip Sticks (for when I go out!)
- Also the make-up brushes are amazing and super high quality! I clean my make-up brushes with the Charcoal Bar (since I know it won’t irritate my skin)
These are the products that I personally use on a regular basis. If you have any questions about these specifically, don’t hesitate to ask. I’d be glad to share about their weight, texture, coverage, and anything else you may be wondering about, and also happy to help you figure out what would be great for YOUR SKIN.
What makes the products different?
✓ Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients, all while ensuring that their products perform like conventional products, and that they’re as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil in the market.
✓ While Beautycounter’s products aren’t 100% natural, they do forbid the most awful of the commonly used toxic ingredients. They have a NEVER LIST, which includes some of the 1500+ ingredients that you’ll NEVER find in their products, such as Parabens, Phthalates, and Formaldehyde.
✓ Beautycounter has developed a rigorous ingredient screening process, looking for data on skin irritation, carcinogenicity, reproductive toxicity, and more.
✓ Every single Beautycounter product is rated between 0-2 on EWG’s Skindeep database, which is the most amazing go-to resource for product safety!