This Hawaiian Chicken over Coconut Rice is such a flavorful combination of sweet, savory, and smoky! Grilled pineapple, sweet coconut rice, and chicken in a flavorful tomato sauce = Summer dinner perfection!
This weekend was so nice. We continued celebrating our engagement with friends, we started the planning process, and even saw a possible venue! It’s really an exciting time and going to be a fun year. I’m excited to share with you details along the way. With all the future planning ahead; wedding, exciting Lexi’s Clean Kitchen endeavors, and so on, I’m officially ready for SPRING! Warm weather is calling my name despite the current not-so-warm weather in Boston.
I’m channeling the warmer days through this chicken dish. I love the unique sweet flavors! Dairy-free, no refined sugar, and so simple to throw together! I used jasmine rice in this, but feel free to substitute it for cauliflower rice to make this low-carb and paleo-friendly!
- 1 lb. organic chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple, grilled
- 1 tablespoon chives, sliced thin for garnish
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring marinade ingredients to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Turn off heat and set aside for later.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Slice into thin, long strips.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in chicken. Cook until all sides are opaque. Pour sauce over chicken and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- While cooking, make the coconut rice or cauliflower rice.
- For the coconut rice:aAddall ingredients to a small saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until liquid dissolves. Take the pan off the heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside until ready to serve.
- To make cauliflower rice: In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot add in the cauliflower, coconut milk, and salt. Saute over medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes until cauliflower is fully cooked through.
- Place rice of choice on desired serving plates. Top with chicken, grilled pineapple, a few spoonfuls of the sauce, and chives for garnish. Serve warm.
- *Make rice in an Instant Pot! Pour all rice ingredients into the instant pot. Select MANUAL and set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes is up, let the pressure cooker slow release for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the top and fluff with a fork.
- **Recipe updated May, 2017.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Star Market. The opinions and text are all mine.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!