Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/one-pan-salsa-verde-chicken-rice/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
One Pan Salsa Chicken and Rice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 cup good quality chicken broth
- cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a medium heavy bottomed high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Push onion and garlic to the side and add 1 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook until beginning to brown 5-7 minutes.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper, rice and cauliflower. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and salsa and scrap up any browned bits.
- Let mixture come up to a boil, then cover with a tight fitting lid, and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.