These Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Sriracha Slaw are our new favorite low carb and paleo-friendly dinner! You can grill them outside or inside on your grill pan, and then serve them as low carb thai turkey burger bowls, or as a lettuce wrapped burger! The spicy slaw is packed with veggies and mango for a sweet and spicy crunch! This dinner is a must-make!
Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Sriracha Slaw
I am all about these thai turkey burgers right now! The dish takes a quick 30 minutes to put together but is full of exotic flavors to make a weeknight meal special. You can enjoy the last of the summer weather we are having and take this outside to prepare on the grill or savor this dish all year long and make on the grill pan inside. The burgers are flavorful and moist and a great low carb dinner!
We wanted to keep the accompanying slaw simple so we prepared this using a pre-shredded broccoli and carrot slaw mix, but if you don’t have this readily available go ahead and shred some using a food processor or a box grater. The mangos REALLY make this side dish stand out but just make sure to use a perfectly ripe one so it adds the right amount of sweetness.
You can serve them as lettuce wrapped burgers for the perfect low carb dinner that satisfies!
Or make it into a low carb burger bowl with the slaw, cauliflower rice, avocado, red onion, and ribboned cucumber drizzled with a little extra sriracha. PERFECT!
Want other burger recipes? Try these favorites:
- Tomato Jalapeno Salmon Burger
- Moroccan Chicken Burgers
- Chicken Caesar Salad Burgers
- Paleo Mushroom Veggie Burgers
- Burger Bites: 5 Ways
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1" piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
For Sriracha Slaw
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1" piece ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1 12oz bag broccoli and carrot slaw (or 4 cups shredded broccoli and carrots)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, picked, cleaned and sliced
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, cleaned
- Cauliflower rice, sautéed
- Avocado slices
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey with coconut amino, ginger, chili garlic sauce and salt and mix well to combine. Form into 4 patties. If the turkey mixture is sticky, wet your hands before forming each patty.
- Grease grill pan (or outdoor grill, if using) and heat to medium heat. Place burgers onto the grill pan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk together mayo, sriracha, lime juice, ginger, garlic and salt. Add in broccoli slaw, cilantro and mango and toss to combine.
- Serve burgers hot in a lettuce wrap with avocado and slaw, or in a burger bowl with cauliflower rice, slaw and cucumber.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!