Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/caribbean-pulled-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Caribbean Pulled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Caribbean Pulled Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 mangos, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Head of butter lettuce or lettuce leaves of choice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Any other add-ins you'd like
- Place all of the pulled chicken ingredients into the insert of your slow cooker. Mix to combine flavors, then put on high for 3 hours.
- While it's cooking, prepare the mango salsa: In a bowl toss together all ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When the chicken is done, shred with two forks and mix into the sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered.
- Assemble lettuce wraps, top with mango salsa and other desired toppings, like avocado and tomato, and serve.
- The juice from the chicken is delicious but makes the lettuce wraps a tad messy if you don't slightly strain when assembling.
- Pulled chicken nutrition info per serving: 232 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, and 37 grams of protein
- Lettuce wrap nutrition info per serving: 264 calories, 17 grams of carbohydrates, and 114 grams of protein
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.