Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/spicy-chicken-in-tomatoes/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Quick Spicy Italian Chicken in Tomatoes
Roasted Green Beans:
Italian Spiced Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally through the middle
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 medium onion, fine diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole plum tomatoes (in sauce)
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 handfuls fresh organic spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. On a sheet pan add green beans, olive oil, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Once the oven has heated cook until the green beans are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Pat chicken dry. Season with Italian seasoning, sea salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Once pan is hot, sear chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until all sides are browned.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until the onions turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add in tomatoes, red pepper flakes if using. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced and the chicken is fully cooked through. Season to taste. If adding spinach, add in at the end and let wilt.
- Serve chicken hot with green beans.
- Photos updated: March, 2017
- Recipe updated: April 2019
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.