DIY Lunch Pinwheels
Finding a great on-the-go lunch that is both adult and kid-friendly is a hard task, but these DIY Lunch Pinwheels are just that! One-hundred percent customizable, easy to make-ahead, and a way to bring everyone around the table to make a meal together!
Although these pinwheels are perfect for school or work lunches, I cannot wait to make this DIY Pinwheel Spread for Football entertaining! I am excited to partner with Dietz & Watson for their Choose The Table campaign because I truly love the concept of more social and less media! Though my job has me on, almost all that time, I treasure the moments where I can shut off! Gathering around the table for a meal, to make lunch, to make a snack, and just chat and have some Face-time is truly so important!
Lay out all of the ingredients and have your family members and/or friends create their own pinwheels! The perfect party pleaser for those picky eaters out there!
I love how creative you can get with these pinwheels. Make a BLT pinwheel with turkey, or a Caprese BLT with pesto, or even an ultimate roasted veggie wrap pinwheel with all of your favorite Summer fixings… the options are endless!
I was so excited to find that Dietz & Watson has an organic line of turkey breast and chicken breast, plus DELICIOUS mustards! They even have organic, minimal ingredient beef hot dogs! Perfect options to grab in the grocery store.Print
DIY Lunch Pinwheels
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 package gluten-free tortillas
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce or collard greens, stemmed shaved
- Flour tortillas
- Homemade Tortillas
- Spread Ideas:
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup Dietz & Watson whole-grain mustard
- Meat Ideas:
- 1 pound organic turkey breast
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound sliced salami
- 1 pound shredded rotisserie chicken
- Sliced chicken breasts
- Veggie Ideas:
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced thin
- Cucumbers, sliced thin
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Spinach, more as needed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 eggplant, sliced into rounds and grilled
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, sliced into rounds and grilled
- Other Add-Ins:
- Bacon, cooked
- Cheese, sliced or shredded
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sliced pickled pepperocini
- Black beans, drained and rinsed
- Roasted red peppers, sliced
- Sundried Tomatoes, sliced
- Place lettuce leaves, collard leaves, or tortillas of choice on a flat surface.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of your spread of choice onto the middle of your wrap.
- Add a few slices of meat and/or veggies on top of the spread in a straight line along the stem of the lettuce wrap or the long side of the tortilla.
- Lift the side of the tortilla closest to you and roll, using your fingers to make sure none of the filling falls out. If making a lettuce wrap, the stem should span the length of the whole roll. Before closing the roll, place a teaspoon of spread on the edge of the wrap. This will help the wrap stay together. Roll as tightly as possible for best results.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the wrap into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
You can use a toothpick to help the pinwheels stay together if they start to fall apart!
Choose The Table Dinner
I had the amazing pleasure of dining with Chef Michael Schlow for the #choosethetable event at Doretta Tavern in Boston! I’ve always known it to be true that food really does bring people together, so I truly love this campaign which encourages others to gather around the table with family and friends to reclaim some extra moments of quality time together! More social, less media, my friends!
He brought out the delicious meat sauce, sans pasta for me, and he made even the cheesecake especially gluten-free for me! I’m not usually a cheesecake fan and this was insane!
Boston friends: Go enter to win your very own exclusively curated, private dinner at Doretta Tavern with Chef Michael Schlow on 9/12!
This post is sponsored by Dietz & Watson. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
August 16, 2017
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!