Letter from Lexi: July 2019
Happy JULY, friends!
June was fun! We we’re on the move a bit! We went to NYC to celebrate Mike’s birthday with my family, then celebrated his birthday a bunch here in Boston! We also went camping in Ithaca, NY (well, glamping) and it was MAGICAL. So magical, I asked them for a discount for all of you! If you followed along, and want to experience Firelights Camp in Ithaca, use LEXISCLEANKITCHEN for 10% off your stay when you book!
This month we’re staying put for a good majority of the month, and I’m pretty excited about what we have going on!
What to expect this month:
Last month on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, we were on the move, sharing travel snacks and hacks, and this month we’re sharing all about a good STAYCATION. It can be easy to get in that trap of biding our time between vacations, waiting for that next trip away or time away from work. Living this way can lead to disappointment with the life that happens in between. If you ask me, that time, those regular everyday moments are the ones that count the most and should be celebrated! So this month we are focused on investigating and sharing the beauty of staycations, time off taken in our own homes and enjoyment right where we are instead of traveling elsewhere. Not to mention, staycations can be a lot more practical than vacations and can be lots of fun!
Good reads coming up in July:
- Safer Sunscreen 101
- 8 Reasons to Take a Staycation This Summer
- Travel Essentials I Never Leave Without (in case you’re on the move)
- How to Have a Wellness Retreat at Home
- How to Have the BEST Beach Day
- My Favorite Restaurants in Boston
A sneak peak of some recipes coming up:
As always, this month will be jam packed with healthy new recipes, how to’s and guides to keep your kitchen and life filled with delicious food!
- Classic Pasta Salad
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- How to Make Quinoa
- One Pan Moroccan Fish
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken Dinner
- How to Cut a Pineapple
- Paloma Cocktail
- Chicken Caesar Burgers
- Raspberry Breakfast Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Gluten-free Biscuits
- and MORE!
8 Things I’m loving right NOW:
- I’m living in these High Waisted Shorts.
- This Safer Bug Spray.
- This Tory Burch Tote that folds up when you’re not using it or traveling (and fits EVERYTHING)!
- Amazon find bathing suit pictured in the photo above!
- Just got these bell bottom pants and they are AWESOME!
- This lip gloss in Azalea and Texas Poppy all summer long!
- This cozy PJ Set.
- This Target Vase that’s on sale!
The Light in Summer by Mary McNear: Find yourself transported to the idyllic world of Butternut Lake, a summery retreat where main character Billy Harper feels most like herself. Follow Billy’s journey on Butternut Lake for one fateful season, during which she comes to terms with the past, faces changes in her relationships, and realizes that happy doesn’t always have to mean perfection.
I’m making my way through this summer book list!
What you missed in June:
June was all about being ON THE MOVE, so we had many articles to help your travels. Check out these if you missed them:
- Travel Friendly Store-Bought Clean Eating Snacks
- 15 Tips for Ultimate Summer Grilling
- 9 Tips for Healthier Summer Travel
- My Must-Have Travel Supplements
- 16 Must-Read Books for Summer
- How I Found a Therapist
Did you see our dairy free and vegan milk guide?
We tasted and tested so many dairy free and vegan milks to find the BEST and EASIEST ones for you to make at home! Check out the guide that dishes out all the details. Even if you aren’t dairy free these milks are nutrient dense and delicious so worth checking out!
- Vegan and Dairy Free Milk Guide
- How to Make Coconut Milk
- How to Make Cashew Milk
- How to Make Pecan Milk
- How to Make Oat Milk
- How to Make Almond Milk
Some other recipes you might have missed in June:
Great dinner options:
- Sweet & Crunchy Thai Slaw with Chicken
- Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus (video)
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Garlic and Lime Marinated Flank Steak
- Easy Cucumber Salad with Lots of Herbs!
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
- Tomato, Eggplant, and Chickpea Stew
- How to Make Vegan Cheese Sauce with a video and how to make it into the best dairy-free Mac and Cheese!
All the sweet stuff:
- Gluten-Free Funfetti Blondies
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten-Free Cherry Pie Bars (video)
- 4th of July Blueberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
P.S. did you see…
My cookbook is *STILL* on sale! I love seeing you all cook from it weekly, so keep tagging me, and snag a copy while it’s 35% off (for over 150 recipes, guides, and more)!
- The best way to never miss anything is to sign up for our weekly newsletter! Sign up here, and you’ll get just one email a week recapping everything that happened on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen and more.
- Make sure you’re following us on social media to stay connected with us elsewhere! We are on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. Also, our private Facebook group is a wonderful community!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here!
July 1, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!